Thursday, February 15, 2007

Resolution honoring Sen. Scott Richardson




Today, we unanimously passed a resolution honoring Sen. Scott Richardson as he was confirmed to head the Department of Insurance. I'd like to share a personal experience I had with Sen. Richardson. Last year I took the floor to offer the amendment to add capital punishment to Jessica's Law. I was obviously nervous and intimidated. This was my first time in the well and the topic as you know is rather sensitive. The debate took a brief recess and Sen. Richardson whispered in my ear "I'm with you, you're doing great job". I will never forget his encouragement. Scott, many thanks and congratulations on your knew role of service to the state. We look forward to the great job you'll do!

S. 0454
TO EXTEND THE WARMEST CONGRATULATIONS OF THE SENATE TO OUR FRIEND AND COLLEAGUE, THE HONORABLE SCOTT H. RICHARDSON, FOR HIS DISTINGUISHED SERVICE IN THE SENATE AND IN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY, UPON HIS NOMINATION BY GOVERNOR MARK SANFORD TO BE DIRECTOR OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE, AND TO WISH HIM THE VERY BEST IN HIS NEW ENDEAVOR.

Click here for the full text of S. 0454