Sunday, June 18, 2006

Remember Father's Day!

I’d like to encourage all of us to remember Father’s Day. I’m especially grateful to my Dad for instilling in me the honor of hard work. Whether it be pushing a broom or making serious business decision, he always taught us to respect anyone that works hard and does their best to make an honest living. Nothing irritated Daddy more than when we would insinuate that we were “above” a task like cleaning the john at the drugstore. Yep, the boss’s sons cleaned many a toilet! He also is a champion for finding wasteful spending and using money wisely; to be a responsible steward of what God has blessed us with. Daddy built our business from nothing and without borrowing any money. I’ve heard a million times “don’t spend what you don’t have” and “don’t live above your means”. One time he filled out an account application. In the section for liabilities, he took a black sharpie and wrote in bold letters “I DON'T BORROW!” I hope I can carry on these principles in my life. Thanks Daddy!

Feel free to leave some comments with memories of your Dad.