Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sanford's briar patch

All during the budget process, I along with conservatives have been screaming "stop this irresponsible spending"! Well, we fought the good fight, yet when the votes came, we failed. At the end, the big spenders win and the taxpayers lose. As I try to be optimistic in every bad situation, I have drawn one positive note in this losing song of wasteful spending and I hope you can follow my tune. Ponder this. Politically, this is a win for Gov. Sanford. He gets a big fat budget with more pork than Circle M BBQ. I'm predicting Mark throws out his rotator cuff scratching through the line-item-vetoes.
I'm not doubting Sanford's sincerity nor his spending principles, but fans of big government are throwing him into the briar patch!
"Skin me Briar Fox," says Briar Rabbit. "Snatch out my eyeballs, tear out my ears by the roots," says he, "But please, Briar Fox, don't fling me in that briar patch, ". (Song of the South)