Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wednesday 02.01.06

Happy Birthday Ann Bryant! Other than that, there's not much to report from the floor. We have no major legislation on the calendar that is not being held by one senator or another. Indeed, there are only two pieces of legislation without holds on them. This is the norm in the Senate. Despite the rules changes of 2005, a clogged calendar remains a way of life.

I would be interested to hear from ya'll on any subject of your choosing. I'd be especially interested in your thoughts on some of the upcoming races. Does anybody have a chance against Sanford? What about the Superintendent of Education--are all the candidates true reformers? Then there's my favorite electoral topic, Treasurer. You know I'm supporting Greg Ryberg, but I wonder what you think on this race. E-mail with your thoughts on these or any other issues. I look forward to hearing form you.